In the UK, GPs are contractually obliged to publish earnings annually.
Here is a list of the earnings in the local NHS economy:
£280 this is the average amount the Hospital Charges the NHS for a First Outpatient Appointment. (Note there is no guarantee of seeing a Consultant)
£200 average amount the hospital Charges for a Follow Up Appointment.
£163 average amount the NHS is charged every time a patient visits A&E
£35 is the average price Urgent Care Centres are paid every time a patient visits
£23 is the average cost of the local GP Access “Hub” appointments in Brent
£5 this is the average amount your GP practice is paid per month, per patient. This is a one off amount. There is no increase funding for any type of patient.
From the monthly £5 your GP surgery receives, the expenses include:
- All Staff costs including tax, pensions and national insurance
- All utility bills, including: Gas, Electricity, Telephones, Insurance’s
- All Clinical staff costs including GPs, Nurses, Pharmacists, Physician Associates
- All NHS correspondence including Referrals and Hopital Discharge Summaries
- All Prescriptions including new and repeat medications
- Nursing services including NHS vaccinations, cervical smears
£40,495.88 Is the average net earning of for our GP workforce (37.5 weekly hours) in 2017/18 at Hazeldene Medical Centre.